We love chatting with our players and getting feedback. We ask that you follow a few rules when participating to help us ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life - even outside of VR!
These rules are in addition to the standard rules for each platform.
- The Rec Room Code of Conduct applies to our public forums. Briefly: Be excellent to each other, avoid sexually explicit behavior, don't harass people, and don't break things or otherwise spoil other people's fun.
- Don't witch hunt by naming specific players in a negative light. Example: "[PlayerName] is cheating in paintball!" If you need to draw our attention to a player who is violating the Code of Conduct, please use the in-game reporting system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or PM one of us on Reddit or Discord.
- Don't promote or encourage game-breaking glitches, hacks or exploits. Harmless stuff like crazy dart physics is fine. Use your judgement, and listen to us when we provide feedback on what's cool and what's not.
- Don't flood or spam the forums. Especially #general in Discord. This can drive people crazy with too many notifications, and reduces our ability to respond to you. Go easy on the ALL CAPS too.
- No impersonating devs, moderators, or other authority figures. It's important that players understand when information is coming from us, so please don't muddy the waters by pretending to be us, a moderator, or authority figure.
- Stay on-topic. We provide these forums to discuss Rec Room with you, so let's focus on that. Occasional digressions are fine. But there's a limit. There are plenty of places on the internet for arguing about [whatever]. Our forums aren't one of them!
- Note, this rule doesn't apply to #random on Discord. You are welcome to go off-topic there, but please continue to respect rules 1-5, and remember the goal is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life. If things start to get heated, please take steps to de-escalate, and consider moving the conversation to a more suitable platform.
Breaking these rules may result in a kick/ban/block (depending on severity and platform). You may or may not get a warning, depending how busy we are. We are a small team supporting a growing community. We love you, but we may have to ban you if you mess around too much. Please don't make us.
These rules are neither final nor exhaustive - we reserve the right to suspend disruptive users even if their behavior doesn’t fall under any of the above rules directly.