Code of Conduct
All players must follow the Rec Room Code of Conduct:
Rule #1: Be excellent to each other!
Sexist, racist, discriminatory or harassing language, behavior, or content is not welcome
Do not promote, encourage or participate in illegal behavior
Players 12 or younger must use a Junior Account
More info at the bottom of this page
No disruptive trolling or inflammatory stuff in public rooms
E.g., sexually explicit material, controversial topics
This rule does not apply to private/unlisted rooms. But whatever you choose to do in a private or unlisted room, be sure that everyone present is cool with it.
Potentially inflammatory rooms should clearly communicate their purpose to other users before they enter the room.
Do not impersonate devs, moderators, or other authority figures
Don’t mess with other people’s games! We don’t want to implement a million rules to control your behavior in every game. Don’t make us. This includes:
Abusing the in-game moderation tools
Just generally being an ass/not being a good sport.
When creating custom rooms, don’t use material (such as copyrighted music) without permission.
Please use the in-game reporting tools to report Code of Conduct violations.
If you encounter players who are violating the Code of Conduct, please use the in-game reporting system to report them. Players you report will also be automatically muted and blocked (appear faded out to you and prevented from joining your custom rooms).
These rules are neither final nor exhaustive - we reserve the right to suspend disruptive players even if their behavior doesn’t fall under any of the above rules directly.
Things to Know
- Rec Room is an active game. Please use common sense and caution while playing!
- Children ages 13 - 17 must consult with a parent or guardian before playing.
- Children age 12 or younger must create a Junior Account. More info at the bottom of this page.
- Rec Room defaults to being a public experience. You will interact and voice chat with other people in real time. Rec Room offers mute, ignore, and reporting features which we encourage you to learn and use. But even if you use these features, you still may be exposed to speech or behavior you find inappropriate.
- By playing Rec Room, you agree to our Code of Conduct!